In limited resource settings there are significantly less options for emergency care and medical treatment. Therefore preventing injury and illness is my passion. In this section you will find articles about promoting healthy lifestyles, immunizations, prophylaxis, healthy development, and safety.
Preventive health check ups for baby should continue after delivery. Here is what to expect at a well child visit.
Growing up in Africa I loved to go visiting with my parents because there was always a baby to hold. The whole time my mom was talking, I was playing with the youngest baby of the family. When it was time to go, the family would make a big show of saying I should take theContinue reading “Breastfeeding in Africa”
There’s textbook medicine and then there’s the real world. This public health message to take your wife to the hospital by bicycle or ox cart captures how healthcare needs and messages vary significantly based on the setting. So, let’s acknowledge that how we live with COVID-19 in Africa will vary as well. COVID-19 is hereContinue reading “COVID-19: Malawi’s next normal”
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Use the search form to search the site.
- 9 Employee Gift Ideas That Promote Health
- Breastfeeding in Africa
- Building Resilience
- COVID-19 Symptoms Living in Malawi
- COVID-19: Malawi’s next normal
- Dental Health for Kids
- Does my Child Need an Antibiotic?
- Ear Infections
- Exercise for Kids
- God’s Gift for Marriage Day 1-5: Printable Copies and How to Use Them
- Immunizations or “Jabs” as said in British English
- One Change Toward Healthy Eating
- Pedestrian Safety
- Schistosomiasis (Bilharzia) Prevention
- Seat Belts Save Lives
- Sleep Tips for Baby from Birth to Six Months
- Well Child Visits: What to Expect
- Where to Buy Childhood Vaccines in Malawi
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.