In limited resource settings there are significantly less options for emergency care and medical treatment. Therefore preventing injury and illness is my passion. In this section you will find articles about promoting healthy lifestyles, immunizations, prophylaxis, healthy development, and safety.
While raising a 2-5 year old can be challenging, it is also SO MUCH FUN! Here are some tools to help you embrace this stage of parenting with joy!
Your child grows significantly from 12 months-2 years. Use these resources to know what to expect and how to give them a healthy start in life!
As a healthcare provider living in a limited resource setting, I use the following criteria to determine which vaccines I trust:
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Use the search form to search the site.
- 9 Employee Gift Ideas That Promote Health
- Baby Bottle Tooth Decay Prevention
- Breastfeeding and Going Back to Work
- Breastfeeding in Africa
- Building Resilience
- COVID-19 Symptoms Living in Malawi
- COVID-19: Malawi’s next normal
- Dental Health for Kids
- Does my Child Need an Antibiotic?
- Ear Infections
- Exercise for Kids
- God’s Gift for Marriage Day 1-5: Printable Copies and How to Use Them
- Head Injury
- Immunizations or “Jabs” as said in British English
- Malaria Prevention
- Nurturing Care- 12 months to 2 years
- Nurturing Care- 2-5 years
- One Change Toward Healthy Eating
- Pedestrian Safety
- Schistosomiasis (Bilharzia) Prevention
- Seat Belts Save Lives
- Sleep Tips for Baby from Birth to Six Months
- Vaccines: Which Ones Can I Trust?
- Well Child Visits: What to Expect
- Where to Buy Childhood Vaccines in Malawi
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.