Parenting Global Kids
Culture drives most expectations for parenting. Regardless of your culture, research shows that a loving, secure relationship with parents helps children thrive even amidst the stress of an international move. Articles in this section provide parenting tips that can be adapted to your home culture and advice specific to raising global kids.
Kids need at least an hour of active play everyday. It can be challenge to find places to take the family for some much needed active play. So, I polled my friends and these are the places we enjoy. I hope it’s a useful resource for your family! Playgrounds in Lilongwe Playgrounds are a playContinue reading “Active Places for Kids to Enjoy in Malawi”
To stay healthy kids need exercise too. Providing active play opportunities is the best way to help your kids reach their fitness goals. Preschool kids should be regularly active throughout the day. At home, buy active toys such as balls, strollers for the dolls, big trucks, or tricycles. Limit screen time to less than 2 hoursContinue reading “Exercise for Kids”
Each baby arrives into your family with their own little personality, wants, and needs. Until a baby can talk, they express their needs through crying. Here are some things you can do to help your crying baby. First, realize that crying is normal, especially in the first few months of life. As your baby grows andContinue reading “Crying Baby”
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Use the search form to search the site.
- Active Places for Kids to Enjoy in Malawi
- Building Resilience
- Christmas- A Celebration of Family
- Crying Baby
- Exercise for Kids
- Family Fun
- How Can I Teach my Baby to Sleep through the Night?
- Living a Life of Transition with Children
- Non-Suicidal Self-Injurious Behavior
- Parenting: Managing Stop Behaviors for 2yr-12yr
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture your Child’s Developing Mind (My Reflections)
- Third Culture Kids: An Interview with a Cross-Cultural Education Consultant
- When Grandparents live on the other side of the world: 10 Tips for Nurturing the Relationship
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.