Parenting Global Kids
Culture drives most expectations for parenting. Regardless of your culture, research shows that a loving, secure relationship with parents helps children thrive even amidst the stress of an international move. Articles in this section provide parenting tips that can be adapted to your home culture and advice specific to raising global kids.
“You’re only as happy as your least happy child.” Does it have to be that way? Here are some tips to help with a moody teen.
When my parents raised me in West Africa, they didn’t have to worry about all of the world’s culture influencing me through a screen. These days, parents all over the world face not only the parenting challenges of their local youth culture, but the global impact of technology. While the United States has cheaper, faster internet, theyContinue reading “Screens and Teens: Connecting with Our Kids in a Wireless World (my reflections)”
Kids need at least an hour of active play everyday. It can be challenge to find places to take the family for some much needed active play. So, I polled my friends and these are the places we enjoy. I hope it’s a useful resource for your family! Playgrounds in Lilongwe Playgrounds are a playContinue reading “Active Places for Kids to Enjoy in Malawi”
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Use the search form to search the site.
- Active Places for Kids to Enjoy in Malawi
- Building Resilience
- Christmas- A Celebration of Family
- Crying Baby
- Exercise for Kids
- Family Fun
- How Can I Teach my Baby to Sleep through the Night?
- Living a Life of Transition with Children
- Moody Teens
- Non-Suicidal Self-Injurious Behavior
- Parenting: Managing Stop Behaviors for 2yr-12yr
- Screens and Teens: Connecting with Our Kids in a Wireless World (my reflections)
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture your Child’s Developing Mind (My Reflections)
- Third Culture Kids: An Interview with a Cross-Cultural Education Consultant
- When Grandparents live on the other side of the world: 10 Tips for Nurturing the Relationship
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.